Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Three Weeks, March 27, 2017

This week. Was very long. I think it was because we didn't get a full
P-day, and because we had to do a lot of work inside with planning and
getting things ready for the week. We have 7 progressing
investigators, and so it is pretty exciting!!!! We are very busy
keeping up with them!

We had interviews on Wednesday, and it was so wonderful to visit with
President and Sister Russell! They are so great! I love them a lot. I
talked to President about being better at sharing scriptures with
investigators to help resolve their concerns. In the process of me
studying for it, I came across this scripture:

"...that the time has verily come that it is necessary and expedient
in me that you should open your mouths in proclaiming my gospel, the
things of the kingdom, expounding the mysteries thereof out of the
scriptures, according to that portion of Spirit and power which shall
be given unto you, even as I will." D&C 71:1

So, I thought, wow! I guess Heavenly Father thinks it is necessary for
me to use the scriptures! So I have been striving to get better at
that. I am reading in Acts right now, and it is incredible to see how
the church that existed then, is the same that exists now. It is VERY
clear that the Apostles directed the church after Jesus Christ left,
that they had the priesthood and that members were baptized and
received the Gift of the Holy Ghost by that priesthood authority. We
met a woman who is Less active, who said that she doesn't believe that Jesus is
the Christ, or that the apostles directed the church after He was
gone. I am so grateful for the scriptures and the power and knowledge
that we can gain from them. As we read everyday, and pray, and go to
church, those three will build our foundation on Christ so that we
will not become troubled or confused by the philosophies of men.

We had a lesson with Mary. We showed the Testaments movie to her, and
she was in tears at the end of the movie. She believes the Book of
Mormon to be true, she just is waiting for a confirming witness from
the Holy Ghost. She has some things she is working towards, but she is
incredible and is seeking for knowledge and truth. "Just have to be
patient with me girls. And with Him. I guess it's all in his timing."

We had two lessons scheduled at the same time on Saturday morning, and
so we went on splits. I was with a member named Rita, and she is so
fun! We went and visited with Myrna. She had met with missionaries
before, but had a stroke and forgot everything. Rita was very
surprised when we met with her, Rita had helped teach her before.
"She is more receptive now, she's even reading from the Book of
Mormon!" Very true. Myrna has read 3 chapters in the Book of Mormon,
and loves it! In a very inspired lesson, we taught her about prayer,
the Holy Ghost and the Gift of the Holy Ghost. I bore a strong
testimony of the power of prayer because of an experience I had when I
was a teen. Tears, were flowing down my cheeks as I told her that God
loves her and knows her and that He answers prayers. "I began to pray
and ask God if I should go on a mission. And I waited patiently to
know. And finally one day, I felt the Spirit. I felt a warmth and a
power beyond my own. I knew I was called by God to come here. I am
here to teach you."

 It struck me then. I only have a few short weeks left. But I was
called to be a missionary. And I have done everything I needed to. And
the great thing is, I will continue to find people. All my life. A
mission is just the beginning.

Yesterday was a hard day. It is scary to think of the future, and not
really know how I fit into the puzzle of life. I've been struggling to
know who I am, but more importantly of what Heavenly Father needs me
to become and do to help continue to build His kingdom. I am scared
for the future, because I don't know what will happen. But I am coming
to understand that I can trust in God, that He will not lead me astray
or forget me. That He knows my name and does hear my prayers. I need
to let my faith overcome my fear. It is to take a step in the dark,
not knowing if I will make it. But, with Christ, all things are
possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment