Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Salamanders, Yellow houses, and the roar of the ocean

Well, I'm here!!!!! :)

Oregon is beautiful! The flight here was short and uneventful. When we
arrived the clouds were very thick and it was misty on the ground. Our
mission pres and wife are the most amazing people to ever walk the
earth. Pres. really likes the color yellow, and smiles a lot. Sis
Russell likes taking pictures and loves to give hugs( to the sisters
of course). We stayed at their house Wednesday night. Thursday we went
through some training and that is when we met our trainer and learned
where we would serve.

Drum roll please:

....I am pleased to announce that I am serving in Newport Oregon with
Sis Sands!!!!
Newport is right next to the ocean. Our apartment is about two mins
away from the beach. It's so beautiful, and windy by the coast.
On Friday we had to drive back to Eugene to have a special conference
in preparation for an area  seventy who's coming the first week
of November. Oh, did I mention it's a two hour drive?

So we didn't do much the first two days out here in the field because we
were going back and forth. Also, we are the first sisters in the area
since last year-we have no calendar, no investigators, and no
dishwashing soap. Believe me, I've never wanted soap so badly in my
life!

We want tracting on Friday and Saturday and got yelled at by a
homeless guy saying we are prideful and don't use the spirit. But we
gave a woman a Book of Mormon, so that's good. Also we went to a yellow house as
prompted by the spirit....and the woman let us inside!!!! Her house is
decorated like old English, I was surprised that a tiger didn't come
waltzing down the corridor. She used to be a member- even the Relief Society
President but fell away. She now does....magic..? But her adoptive
daughter lives the same principles as we do- as in no drinking and
being chaste but has few friends. So we are bringing her to YWs this
week! I love the spirit! It will never lead you astray!

Salamanders just chill out around the church building. I want to pick
one up- but they can be poisonous. So, I don't want to risk it...but
they are awesome!

The ward is so supportive of us! It covers an area of three towns-
Newport, Toledo (toe-lee-do) and Depot Bay. It's like Herriman to
American Fork. Anyways, the ward just loves us. It feels like home
here. :)

I love you all and wish you the best!!!!



Sis Alldredge
My Companion, Sis Sands
My District at the Beach in Newport


No comments:

Post a Comment