Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Friday, July 29, 2016

"I just wanna chop 'em up and fry 'em!" December 14, 2015

             
Hello dear friends and family!!

This week on Saturday was our ward Christmas party!!! 🎉 🎁 🎄 The missionaries were in charge of it, and it was super-duper fun! The theme for the party was an Old Fashioned Country Christmas. We had a devotional where stories were read from the pioneers and we missionaries sang The First Noel. I have discovered that I can sing. Just as an alto. Haha, it's just easier to hit the lower notes for me. 

We then had chili! And baked potatoes ( where the quote comes from in the subject heading)!! And cornbread! It was super good! I had to be a bit careful with the more spicey stuff, but Elder Opper and Sister Sands judged all the chili. It ended up that the winners were the people who help us out the most in our missionary efforts. So there ya go. Serve the missionaries. (Haha, jk, but really though. Imagine the blessings!😉)

We had ZTM on Friday, we drove up to Corvallis Thursday night. Thursday was super crazy, we had so many lessons that day! We met Vivian, who was a referral from a ward member. She has had such a rough life, and she is so sweet and amazing. When we met with her, I felt such a deep love and respect for her, I started to cry. And all we did was listen. It was such a testimony builder for me of the love of God.

It happened to be that she is a member!! 😎 So we might visit with her more to get her back on track. 

Earlier this week we were going to see a woman by the name of Ruth. We figured that if she didn't open her door, we were going to drop her. But low and behold! She was home! So we taught a lesson with her. 

I finally realized that it's my job to invite others to be baptized. Not my companion. Me. So on Sunday, we had a lesson with Sheena. She wasn't able to come to church because of being sick. We had a great lesson, it flowed so well! The Spirit was so strong! Near the end, I invited her to be baptized, and she said yes! She decided to set the goal for January 16th! She is so amazing! I love her so much!

The weather has been crazy! One day the wind hit 35mph! 😦 Today, the sun was out, and the temp went up to about 60. You gotta love the weather on the coast!

This coming week on Friday we will have interviews with President Russell! 😄

I love you all and enjoy your letters! 

Sis Alldredge 


No comments:

Post a Comment