Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Friday, July 29, 2016

I'm a momma!! 😜 January 11, 2016




Dear family and friends,

In the deep woods of mid Oregon, the mist shadowed the ground like a
blanket covering a sleeping child. All was silent, except for the
trees whispering their tales of olden days. The grey light of early
morning was barely upon the world when the rays of the morning sun
burst through mysterious mist. It was the morning of transfers.

For our mission, transfer calls are on the Friday  and Saturday
before. Friday calls are for if you are in leadership, Saturday of you
are a common missionary. Sis Sands is so amazing, and so we all joked
that she would be transferred down to the Eugene area as an STL. So I
figured we would get a call Friday night.

There we were, planning for the next day, on the floor of our
apartment. And then, a call. Guess who? You're right, it was
President! Sis Sands is an STL in Santa Clara. Then my turn. I am
asked to be a follow up trainer for a new missionary!!! So really, I'm
not a mom, but a step mom...hehe. Sis Broadhead is her name and she
came out last transfer, and so I will be finishing training with her.
I am so excited and nervous and happy!!!! There is so much I am going
to learn from her, and I can't wait to see what she can teach me.

That night, I prayed a lot to know how I can do this. I mean, we are
both so new to missionary work ( or maybe she is just stellar) that I
feel like this will be a huge learning curve for both of us. But as I
prayed, I felt like Heavenly Father knew my potential. I felt His love
for me and I knew that all would be alright. As long as I am doing my
best, then we cannot fail. I truly want to be able to have the spirit
with me always and be able to have the courage to follow His
promptings. I have prayed so long and hard to become better, and in
many ways, these are answers to prayers.

Sorry for the longer email! But to finish up, we had many lessons
this past week. I am so grateful for the Spirit and for the power that
He has. The Holy Ghost should be our best traveling companion in this
life, our best friend. He has shared so many hidden treasures of
knowledge; the scriptures make more sense to me because of His help.
He has testified of truth to others, my companion to me. His constant
help and guidance is what gives me the confidence to move forward.

Always strive to have Him there by you.

Love you all! My companion won't be here till after 5, so I won't have
a picture of us together till next week. We are going to conquer the
world! 😎

Love,

Sis Alldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment