Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Friday, July 29, 2016

Newport is floating out to sea!! (Said in a Nemo voice) December 21, 2015

Dear friends and family,

Merry Christmas! Man, time flies fast! It's crazy how long I've been
out on my mission. It feels like yesterday that I came out and started
this grand adventure!

So some great things happened this week.

Exchanges happened on Tuesday! I was with Sis Allen. We went up to
Siletz, a small village out by Toledo. It has members, but it takes
about 30 mins to go to church, so there is only one active family out
there. We met with them and then visited Sis Curran, an older woman
who has many struggles lately. You could tell that our visit really
uplifted her. We showed her the video : Why We Need A Savior. I
testified to her of the Atonement of the Savior and how we can rely on
Him. It was great!

It rained so much on Thursday that roads started to slide off the
ground!! Basically like frosting off a cake! Ahh! We were stranded for
like 2 days.....

We had specialized training on Friday! I had my interview with
President Russell.  I talked about my investigators that we are
teaching and he chuckled a bit. He then explained: you know, your
whole countenance changes when you talk about them. It made me so
happy to talk about them and to feel such a deep love for the people
we are teaching. President also said that he can see me training.
Haha...yeah. We shall see. Oh dear..😉

We found a new investigator! Well, actually, she is a former who we
found again. Her name is Paula, she has many questions about the
priesthood and the Book of Mormon. She is reluctant to join a church
because of past experiences. But she loves talking with us and having
us over.

Please pray for Sheena. She has been having medical issues lately, and
we hadn't been able to meet with her lately. But she is still
wonderful and loves to learn more about the gospel.

I am finding more and more that God hears and answers prayers. There
have been so many people that we have met who have prayed to God for
help and we show up. It's amazing. I am so grateful for the Holy
Ghost. There are many people here who have suffered much. And the Holy
Ghost is so important because he leads and guides us to help us be
safe.

Today, I have found that as we focus more on others and less on
ourselves, we forget ourselves. I have such a deep love for the people
we meet. God truly is there. He knows us and knows what we need. Have
faith in Him. Believe that he is and that He knows you. Mosiah 4:9 "Believe in God; blieve that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend."

I love you all so much! Thank you for your prayers!
Sis Alldredge





No comments:

Post a Comment