Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Friday, July 29, 2016

Is that the Sun? Oh no, its just a reflection from Arizona.... December 28, 2015






Dear friends and Family,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I can't believe that 2015 is almost over. Its been such an amazing year! I am so lucky to be here on a mission and to share the gospel. I couldn't ask for a better opportunity to grow. :) 

Today the sun came out. It was so blindingly bright that I wished it was raining again. I don't know what I'm going to do when I get back home....

Christmas was wonderful! The day was beautiful, we saw a double rainbow over the ocean. Talking with my family was great. Actually, I think they got more of a hoot out of it because they saw how me and my companion interact with each other. We had a great time spending the day with members, eating food, and talking. We went over to a members and watched Polar Express (we get to watch a movie for Christmas and New Year). It made me feel like I was home as we watched the movie, eating popcorn and hot chocolate and singing along to the songs. 

This week has been really slow. We have tried to contact many people, but most are out of town or don't live there anymore or aren't interested. Funny story, our GPS lead us into this back road near a forest that grows out in the middle of nowhere in Newport. It gets really dark here. As soon as it hits 4:30, lights out. As we drove on this road, out of the darkness loomed these two signs: Do not Enter. We ended up on the wrong side of the road! It ended up that the person we wanted  to contact that their house doesn't exist! That happens quite often...sigh. Oh the joys of missionary work! 

On Sunday, we had a lesson with Sheena. We taught her the Plan of Salvation. As we taught about our life here on earth we taught her about the Law of Chastity and the Word of Wisdom. She accepted it really well. She will have to make slight changes in her life, but don't we all? I am so proud of Sheena and the progress she has made! She tries everyday to read from the Book of Mormon. She truly wants to become better, to feel peace in her life and to improve her children's lives as well. 

Carmella has been doing wonderful! The ward banded together this Christmas and gave her and her family a gift card. She was so grateful for the gift, as her family had been struggling this year. Truly an answer to prayers! 

These past few days had been a bit rough. Because of the calling I have as a missionary, the Holy Ghost speaks differently to me. Its been hard to recognize and follow the promptings of the Spirit. Much of the skills I had before my mission are gone. Much like making a cake, if the batter is wrong, you have to start from scratch to make a better cake. Heavenly Father is bringing me down, for its the only way I can grow upwards. I have so much to learn. I don't even know all that I will learn in the coming year. But this week, I will strive to be more diligent, to open my mouth, for it shall be filled. I will not worry, for I Trust in Heavenly Father. He will not lead me astray.

I invite all of you to be more diligent. Read the Scriptures. Pray. They are so simple, but we need them! God has something he wishes to tell you: Try to listen. Write down the goals you have for the coming year and the goals he has for you this coming year. I promise that as you do so prayerfully, humbly, He will direct you for good.


I love you all!
Sis. Alldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment