Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Great Grandpa Ray June 20, 2016

So this past week, after daily planning, we started talking about our
family history. It eventually lead to me talking about grandpa Ray and
of his sacrifice. As I looked at the pictures of him, I realized
something. Throughout my mission I have some some particular spiritual
experiences where I always thought it was the Holy Ghost, or some sort
of angel watching over us. And whenever I pictured this person, I
realized that it looked a lot like Grandpa Ray.

As my companion was in the shower, I prayed out loud. I asked Heavenly
Father if my suspicions were right, if it is Ray who is watching over
me. Quietly, a presence came into the room. It was him! He hugged me
and said that he loved me. I felt that love, it was deep and powerful
and tears came to my eyes with the simplicity of it. He then told me
that because he was unable to serve his own mission, that he would
watch over me on mine.

Since then, I now know what he feels like. Sometimes, he is suddenly
just there, as we stand on the porch, eating lunch, or as we are out
in the sun. I am reminded of that quote from Elder Holland that people
from both sides of the veil are watching over us, cheering us on,
helping us on our struggles and adventures of this life.

So I just thought that y'all would like that. I guess it's just a good
reminder that we are never alone and that families are truly together

forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment