Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Killin' it in Medford. June 27, 2016





With Sister Connelly
This week was great! It was full of ups and downs, but what week isn't?

As the STL, we had to help the zone leaders and the district leaders
plan for ZTM. Our teaching section was on faith and obedience. It was
an awesome teaching part! I studied a lot about obedience. I had three
readers read these verses: Alma 26:31, Isaiah 1:19 and D&C 82:10. I
then explained that one way for us to eat of the good of the land
(investigators) we should be obedient in everything, because then the
Lord will be able to bless us. The feeling in the room was very
powerful, it was such a joy to study and teach.

It was interesting because earlier in the week I had been struggling
with feeling as though as I haven't been receiving revelation. But now
I know that I can trust in God. I need to exercise patience and wait
on His timing, for I know that when that revelation comes, it will be
really powerful and wonderful. So, I am asking the same questions,
waiting for the time that God is ready to let me feel it, because I
know that it will be the right time for it. 😊

Yesterday we had a miracle! During the week we felt prompted to knock
on a door of an apartment that's near the church building. It turns
out that this older man, Mike, had just moved in. He battled with
cancer and a stroke for a number of years, and during that time he had
met with the missionaries. He wasn't interested quite yet, but we
invited him to church. And guess what?!? He came!!! All by himself! A
member was kind enough to sit with him, and afterwords we talked to
him about it. He really liked it and appreciated that "We don't talk
religion and politics in the same sentence..." He said that he would
like to have us swing by later in the week but that he wants some time
to think about it. 😉

Also, our ward mission leader texted us on Sunday and told us that he
had been receiving a prompting for us to go see Alania, a former
investigator. As soon as we read the text, we knew we had to leave
immediately. The spirit was practically dragging us out the door. So
we rushed over to her house....but she wasn't there. We stopped by
multiple times during the day and she wasn't there. But we will keep
trying!

Today for P-day we went ice skating. It was awesome! And I fell....a
lot! I've been out of practice for so long!
Ice Skating

Today in personal study I read in D&C 11. It's been kind of tough with
the work in this area, we really have to be hunters and seek out people.
But what I got from it is that I need to treasure up the word, I'm in
a waiting period for the moment. I need to trust in God and know that
all will work out. For really, that's all He asks. Trust in Him, and
try our best to live the commandments. Don't jump ship when it gets
hard! Hold on, and He will steer you through it. And at the end of the

storm, you will realized how much a better captain you've become.
We stole the Spanish elders hat. Multiple times. All because they didn't lock their car!

No comments:

Post a Comment