Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Sunday, January 29, 2017

We all have a little Hippie in us! July 25, 2016

With the Neild Family
Wow what a week! We have been so busy! We found 7 new investigators
this week! 😄😎 it's so awesome! There is never a dull moment here as
we are working so hard to find and teach.

This past week we met a woman who told us how her parents were Mormon
and that she wanted  financial help because they were going to shut
off their electricity and they were out of food and such such. So us,
being missionaries, offered to give them our food. So we walked to our
apartment (took two hours, but we found two new investigators, yay!)
and we cleaned out our food pantry and gave them our food. And, yes we
still had food, we don't really eat much during the day. But, here's
the miracle: the next day members showered us with food!! Now we have
so much, we don't even know what to do with it all! 😆😊 God really
watches out for us!

That same day, we went and talked to a guy who lives behind us. The
one time I met him last transfer he was a little odd, so we had no idea
how this conversation would go. He has a "psycho gnome" in his front
yard and we asked him about it. He told us how he served in Vietnam
war, and when he got home he suffered from extreme PTSD. But he has
completely changed his life around and has written poetry. He read
some to us to explain that the psycho gnome in his yard is his PTSD
that is trying to destroy all that he loves. It was really powerful.
Then we took pictures with him!

We had a Pie-o-ne'er festival in Ashland! We had investigators coming,
but they backed out at the last second. But we had fun, visiting with
members and eating pie! I am so grateful for all those who were
pioneers, who did all they could to keep the gospel in their lives.
And that's true for today as well! There is a family that we are
teaching who have been struggling and fighting to get baptized,
fighting against all odds for two years. They are so close! They are
changing so much, the light is growing in their eyes and in their
countenance.  It's amazing.

Ah! There is so much that happened this week! We taught ZTM, I learned
so much about planning, of repentance, and of being an inviter. The
spirit is so real, and the gospel is true.

On Sunday, I was a little discouraged as we have so much to do, and I
was feeling the weight of it all and of the weight and wickedness of
the world. But I read in Alma 29:9-10--

9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I
do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath
commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an
instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and
this is my joy.

10 And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and
coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do
I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard
my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended
towards me.

God really hears our prayers! I know he does! And really, my whole
desire is to teach repentance, to teach others of the Plan of
Salvation. It's so beautiful, it's so perfect. And repentance is
truly how we can gain eternal life. And as missionaries, we are all
doing our best and serving and fighting and declaring. It's hard, but
one day we will fall at the feet of the Savior and say that His will

is the best and that we did all that was required.
Our neighbor and his Psycho Gnome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment