Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Hippietopia. June 6, 2016

Man, it's hot and humid here! It got up to 104 this week! But
thankfully, I think I am finally getting used to the heat! Kind of.
Haha.

We had a great, busy week! We went on exchanges with the sisters in
Yreka, California. It's like a completely different country down there!
It looked a lot like home, and it was dry heat too. We passed by Mount
Shasta. It's HUGE!  I had lots of fun with Sis Johnson. She's so
cool. The next day, we switched back to our companions in Ashland.
Ashland is famous for three things: 1) the Shakespeare festival and 2)
the Lithia water! And 3) Hippies. Well, actually, hippies are
everywhere in Oregon. The Lithia water is naturally cleaned water
through different minerals, but it smells like sulfur and tastes
nasty. It is apparently really "healthy" for you. I posted a video
below. 😅 😎
I had to try the Lithia water. 

Stanya is progressing well! She is still on date for June 18. The
sisters taught her about the Word of Wisdom while we were on
exchanges. They asked her if she would live it and she said : " Well,
it's a commandment from God, and He promises all these blessings, so
why not?" 😀😀😆 She is the best ever! I love her so much! We are
learning Samoan words from her too! We met her brother, Jimmy,
yesterday and her cousin, JR.  They are interested in learning more too!
😊 Miracles!

Also, during exchanges, the sisters met with Jaslina, a new
investigator! She is now on date for baptism!! Yay! It's funny, because I
haven't been there for any of her lessons...sigh. I guess Heavenly
Father needed me to be elsewhere. Haha. I'm excited to have a lesson
with her next week!

This week, all the leaders in the mission have set high goals for
finding new investigators. We are praying to find one new investigator
everyday. It's lofty. But President Russell told us: "The greatest
miracle is about to happen this week. Pray and God will hear you, he
will help us achieve this goal."

I'm so happy to be here on a mission. My prayers have defiantly
changed. I sometimes pray out loud, and those are sacred experiences
for me. I know that you too can pray, and that you have prayed, but
when was the last time you prayed out loud? A very powerful thing
happens when you do. Angels come beside you, your words become more
holy, your prayers are more meaningful. Truly, God will consecrate
(or make holy) your prayers for your good. He answers prayers. 2 Nephi

32:9 How blessed we are to have this knowledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment