Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Adversity becomes an Adventure!!! February 1, 2016


Super sorry its taken me so long to email back, the server didn't let me long in until now - BUT that's okay! 

Haha, from all your emails, it sounds like I am missing lots of snow. But I enjoy the sun and wonderful weather over here in Oregon, SO! That's awesome!

We went up to the lighthouse and the tide pools  today! There was once a volcano that sunk into the ocean, and it caused the ocean to come rushing into the lava, making it so that the beach is full of smooth, round stones.  I took pictures and videos, but I won't be able to send them until next week. Sorry. I touched a sea urchin!!!! AND a starfish!!! IN THE WILD!! Ahh! I love the ocean!!! It's awesome! 

My new quote is the one in the subject heading for my email, I always tell Sis Broadhead that we are going on an adventure, so it totally fits! 

Our district made a goal to find 45 new investigators by the end of the transfer. To reach this goal, Sis Broadhead and I set a goal of 4 new investigators, and after fasting last week and with the help of Heavenly Father, we found 5 NEW INVESTIGATORS!!!!! 

On Sunday, we had a sad day. But it was good as well. We saw Sheena up in Toledo, and followed the impression to drop her. It was so sad, for we didn't want to drop her, but we were following the spirit. I feel much like Nephi, when he says in 1 Nephi 9:5-6 that "the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of his words. And thus it is. Amen."

Later that day, we found a new investigator. She lives across the street from the church, and me and Sis Sands tried contacting her and trying to have a lesson with her. But now, we were able to have a lesson with her, and talked about the Book of Mormon. Her name is Dominique, and she is Catholic. She doesn't like that her church takes things out of the Bible, and that her children just see the stories in the Bible as just stories. She wants so much more for them. We brought up the Book of Mormon, and she held out her hands: "Oh yeah, go ahead, hand it over. I will totally read it!" :) she is awesome! 

I have totally seen God's hand in our work. he has helped us out so much in all that we do. I am so blessed to be part of this work and to be able to bless peoples lives. I know have a testimony of fasting, and the power that it has in helping align our will will His. 

Thank you for all your prayers! Love you all!

Sis Alldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment