Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Laughing all the way!!! February 15, 2016

First off, sorry for the confusion with emails, my iPad isn't working. I will hopefully get it fixed today or tomorrow. Then I can send home all these awesome pictures I have on my iPad

Transfer calls are this week! I feel like my time here in Newport is coming to a close. I am sad to leave, but I feel so blessed to serve here and to been part of the opening of this area. I am so happy and know that God is pleased with the work we have done here.

In fact, speaking of work, this week has gone by so fast!! There have been many days this week that we have had back to back lessons. Oh man. The work moves along!!! We have a new investigator, named Isaiah. He is taking a break from school in Louisiana, trying to find his way and seeking to know what church is true. We showed him around the church on Thursday and had a powerful lesson on the restoration of the gospel. The spirit was so strong. It was amazing to help him feel the spirit and to help him know that God does care about him and wants him to be happy. 

We also had a lesson with a woman by the name of Selena. She, and her family, are super open to learn anything about Jesus Christ. Her father takes leftover pizza dough from Papa Murphy's and makes bread. In fact he gave us two loaves!! And its really good! Haha, we were a bit reluctant to try it, but the 2nd loaf we gave to the elders to try first. But it is super good! I had mine with honey. :)

On Sunday, we had the privilege to have a regional conference for the Western Coast (California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska). Members of the Seventy and Elder Renlund of the Quorum of the 12 spoke specifically for our area. They spoke of not fearing, and creating a pattern of faith in our lives to continually learn and grow. It was amazing to get specific counsel for this area.

Today, we are going to Corvallis for a zone activity, then staying overnight to participate in a special zone training conference tomorrow. We are going to be in meetings ALL DAY LONG. But its okay! The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak….hahajk. It's going to be a wonderful meeting! I'm excited!

The Elders are having a rough week. Elder Nelson is not very stressed about it, as he recognizes that he is doing all he can to find people. Elder Johnson is struggling a bit more. But it just reminds me that not too long ago, we were in the same boat they are in now. And I've realized that God is the one who gives us success (see Alma 26:27). It was rough, thinking that I may not have enough faith to find people. But in reality, I think my faith has grown so much, especially since I received a witness after the trial of my faith (Ether 12:6).

This past transfer, I have been so happy. Yes we didn't have lessons all the time, but the Spirit of the Lord has increased so much in my life. I have been so blessed to be on my mission and to feel God's love for all His children. And because of this love, I wish to share it with all people. :)

Love you all! Thank you for your prayers!

Sis Alldredge



No comments:

Post a Comment