Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Thursday, September 8, 2016

"If ye hear them banjos, yer too far in them woods!" - February 29, 2016



My entire perpesctive of Oregon has completely changed. You think it
liberal here? Think again!

Sutherlin is amazing! It's such a cute small town, full of trees, and
green rolling hills and rednecks. And cows. It's awesome. I'm starting
to understand more about why I was sent here to Oregon. I love it. :)

On Wednesday night, all the trainers were together for a meeting. It
was so spiritual. I was a bit nervous to be a trainer, but after that
meeting, I felt that God loved me so much and that I could do this-
that our calling is great as missionaries, that our authority is above
that of the kings of the earth, and that we have a work to do.
God is calling me to do this, and he knows that I can do it. My fear
was swept away.

We got here on Thursday. Early that morning, we were in the meeting
for the new missionaries, and a friend from home was there- Sister
Hannah Lunt. We sang to them and the spirit was so strong. It was
amazing.  Then President called me up to find out who I was training. I
was praying, hoping, but expecting anything to happen. He called Sister
Lunt!!!!  Ahh! We were so happy, elated with joy! President talked with
us afterwords, he said that he felt strongly that we were to be
together long before he knew that we knew each other from before. I
still can't believe that God is so merciful to let us come together.
We were joking that we were at school together and we worked together
but it took till we were together on missions to be friends. And I
love her so much!

Haha. I am completely stupid. First night together, we went driving to
find our ward mission leader's home. We got mixed up with addresses,
and so drove WAY out in the boonies (well, not that far, we didn't
hear a banjo…) but I turned around using a person's driveway, and
well....drove INTO A DITCH. Our back tire was above our heads, I'm
surprised our car didn't flip! It was so BAD! Oh, Sis Lunt was having
the time of her life. Thankfully, our car only had mud on it. Also,
that happens pretty regularly out there, and so the person we drove
into his ditch helped us get out. He was so kind, but wasn't
interested in learning the gospel. Haha, pretty weird missionary
opportunity.

Anyways, the experiences we've had so far out here have been amazing.
We invited two people to be baptised. We are working with children
mostly out here, and I am finding that I need to change my teaching
style drastically to teach them. But the beautiful thing about the
gospel is that a child can grasp it, but it takes a lifetime to learn
all of it. There is lots of opposition out here. People do not like
us, and are very determined to bring us down. But as they tell us
things, I find that I receive powerful spiritual impressions that I
cannot deny. I know this gospel to be true. It is too perfect in its
simplicity, too beautiful in the quiet spiritual promptings. Those who
listen to us are prepared to hear the message, and they too, know that
what we share is true.

Discover for yourself. Come and see. Come and fear not. Alma 7:15-16.

Sis Keilee Alldredge



No comments:

Post a Comment