Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Sunday, February 5, 2017

20!?!?!? I can't believe it! September 19, 2016


First off, thank you so much for all your letters and emails wishing
me a great birthday! Even though it's tomorrow, I feel so old! I guess
I'm two decades old now. 😎✌️

This week was great! We had exchanges again, I was down in Yreka
experiencing the lovely people of California. And I got kisses from a
llama. Hehe.

Mike is progressing still, we gave him a small notebook last week and
within a few days he had already filled up four pages of scriptures he
likes from the Book of Mormon. He also gave a great prayer! We also
invited him to be baptized, but he didn't really commit.

On Thursday we had a lesson with the Bernardi family. They haven't
really been keeping their commitments, and so to help them be more
comfortable going to church we gave them a church tour! As soon as we
opened the door to the chapel, the spirit just washed over us. It was
powerful. We taught them about the sacrament, and had Jason read the
sacrament prayers. After a series of inspired questions (gotta love
the spirit!) he realized that in order to feel the spirit, he has to
seek it out. We hope now that he will keep his commitments. He is so
close!

The sisters, while on exchanges, found this man named John. He lives by
the church. He is missing a leg and gets around in a wheel chair. He
has long hair, and was wearing a tie dyed shirt when I was able to
meet him. He's such a hippie! He told us how when he was younger, he
lived off the land for three months. Then, it got cold, so he couldn't
do it any more. 😜✌️ We had a good lesson, just talked about a few
simple points. He has already read 4 chapters in the Book of Mormon!!
We invited him to be baptized, and he said he was baptized before, but
he will think about it. 😉

The highlight of the week was our lesson with the Millards. They are
AMAZING!!! Tina is reading everything we are giving her! And Donald
just loves the gospel, he knows it is true! We taught them about
repentance, and at the end of our 2 hour lesson, we invited them to be
baptized. Donald: "Can I do it tomorrow?" We all laughed, but really,
he's so excited. We all looked at Tina. "I want to learn more. I am
willing to be baptized, but I want to learn more before I make the
decision." We nodded. "How about we set a goal? A date to work
towards?" We tried, but they didn't really want to commit. Tina
though, wants us to come by every other day! And, SHE SAID THE CLOSING
PRAYER!!! It is amazing! She is progressing so much! The light is
growing in her eyes and the scales of darkness are falling away!

I love being a missionary. It's been such a blessed time to serve the

Lord and to help others come unto Christ. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment