Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Sunday, February 5, 2017

By small and simple things are great things brought to pass. August 29, 2016


This week was a little rough, but we kept pressing onward! The
scripture in the heading is in Alma 37:6.

We had a lesson with Jason, Jayce, and Ryden on Monday. We taught them
the gospel of Jesus Christ. When speaking about repentance, I bore my testimony on
the power of the Atonement. The spirit that came into the room was
peaceful and powerful. On Thursday, they hadn't read Alma 32
(we left it as a commitment) so we read with them. I didn't realize
until we left, but there was a great spirit in their home. Truly, the
power of the scriptures is real.

We finally had a lesson with Tina and Donald Millard! They had a great
trip in California, and Bishop was even able to come with us to the
lesson. We taught them the Restoration. Donald loved it. He said: "You 
have answered questions I've been asking my whole life. You have
answered the pleas I have asked in prayers to God. My life is changing
before my eyes. "
Tina is a little bit more skeptical of it all, but they are willing to
read the Book of Mormon to know if it is true. I hope and pray that
the spirit will touch their hearts. :)

We had a lesson with Mike and he showed us his remote controlled car!
He told us how he knows the Book of Mormon to be true and he knows
that Joseph Smith is a prophet! It's amazing!!

Some new investigators:

Clara was hanging out outside the church and we taught her about God.
I testified to her of God's love for her. She was very emotional about
it, and even told us of the struggles of her life. We offered help,
and told her that the gospel will change her life. She was really
grateful to have meet us.

Mike was walking back to his apartment as we were walking away from a
lesson that had fallen through. We just started talking to him and he
told us of the struggles that he is facing right now. I asked him if
he had ever turned to religion. He told us that he kind of had, but it
was hard to know what to do and where to turn. We taught him about the
Plan of Salvation, and he started to cry a bit knowing that God does have a plan for
him.

We felt prompted to go see a former investigator, but he wasn't home. We talked to
his neighbor, Raymond. He told us of how he has studied religion most
of his life. All he knows for certain is that Jesus Christ is his
Savior. I asked him if he had ever heard of the restoration? He
didn't, and he was enthusiastic to read the Book of Mormon and
discover if it is true! He is pretty awesome. 

This weekend, we had a lesson on Saturday that was 2 1/2 hours long
and another on Sunday that was 2 hours long. Both of the
'investigators' in these lessons asked really hard questions. They
were bashing with us, to say the least. And I have learned, from both
of those, that everything hinges on the Book of Mormon.  I am at
fault. I was prideful, and wanting to prove that our gospel is true. I
kept going on with the conversation and bashing. But I have learned. It is not my
job to 'prove' that the gospel is true. All I do is invite. The spirit
does the proving! All I have to do is show them the Book of Mormon,
bear my testimony, and walk away. It is that simple. And that is
powerful. Humility is being able to walk away from a situation and not
having to prove anything. For I know the gospel is true. But others

need to discover that for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment