Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Sunday, February 5, 2017

An Apostle said my name! October 17, 2016

This weekend was pretty fun:  long but really great. And yes, a storm
came through Medford. They told us it was going to be huge, that the
wind was going to get up to 30 mph and flooding. But when it actually
hit, it was just raining for the weekend. It was well needed, and I
was happy to get out my boots, scarves and coat! Gotta love fall in
Oregon!πŸ‚πŸπŸ‚

On Sunday, we had the primary program, and to make it even better,
TINA AND DONALD CAME TO CHURCH!!!!!! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ‘Œ They loved the primary
program and I really believe they felt the spirit. Tina gave us three
hugs as they left.  I really love them. ❤️

Now, for the moment you are waiting for! Elder Christofferson came to
the Central Point and Medford stakes. It was the meeting of the week!
There were close to 1,000 people in that building. We were in the
hallway, frantically watching for an investigator. We were focused,
looking down the hallway. All the sudden, the spirit whispered one
word: Apostle. At the same time, Sister Wood grabbed my elbow. And
there, right in front of us was Elder Christofferson! He smiled really
big and said: "Hello sisters!" And he kept walking. I couldn't believe
it! Later, as we were leaving, we somehow got all mixed up in the fray
of people, and ended up in the path he was taking to leave. So
we figured we might as well stay there and shake his hand. When he
came up, the air suddenly became still. A quiet power is around him,
and he shook our hands. He said my name, but I guess it helps to have
a name tag! I really like him! He had lots of funny jokes that he said
during his talk. And one cool fact: they carry around scriptures that
Elder Holland thought of for the General Authorities,  they  don't have
all the study material inside, so it's easy to pack and carry. "We
call it the Holland edition,"  he told us. 

He talked about three things that the Apostles do and related it to
our lives. He told of how in the upper room in the Salt Lake Temple,
there are three pictures above the First Presidency. The one on the
left is the one of Christ calling the apostles from the shore. The one
on the right, the Savior on the cross. The one on the middle, the
resurrected Lord. The call, the message, the witness. He told how the
missionaries all over the world are companions with the Apostles in
sharing the gospel. We have been called, we share the message, and we
are a witness for his name. It was powerful.

He spoke of the importance of daily scripture study and of daily
prayer. He told of when he was new apostle and went to that room in
the temple. Elder Packer was just staring at him as he walked in
(didn't help much, as I felt pretty inadequate already...frankly, he
was staring.) He went up to him and said, 'you look surprised to see
me here.' Elder Packer said: "No, we are pleased to see you here."

He blessed us that the spirit will bring to mind an image. The image of
when the Savior will hold his arms out and say: "I am so pleased to
see you here."  He blessed us with strength and courage and faith to
endure.

I learned that I already knew he was an apostle, even before I met
him. But the words he offered to us really helped me out. I've been
stressed lately, the work really has slowed down in our area. And
those thoughts of inadequacy start to sneak in. But we are shoulder to
shoulder with the Savior. Shoulder to shoulder to the apostles. I have

been called. I bear a message. And I testify it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment