Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Sunday, March 5, 2017

And Their Hearts Were Swollen with Joy. November 28, 2016



Still a cat magnet. 
This week has been weird and slow, but fast too! Again, weird.

Last Monday we met with a woman named Erika. We helped her decorate in
her home (putting up pictures) then we showed her a video. She was
crying at the end and she asked us all these questions. We taught her
how to pray and about the Godhead. We also helped her the best we
could. We have a lesson set up with her later tonight.

Thanksgiving was so awesome! We had two dinners planned and we ate at
a part member home and at the Sams, recent converts. Adrienne's dad
was there too, and he is part Native American. He is covered in
tattoos and he told us all their meanings based on his beliefs. It was
really cool. We ate so much food! But it was so good! And we got to
play games too. :)

We had interviews on Friday, and it was really crazy. Lots of bad
things happened last transfer that our mission president just found
out about. And so missionaries were being pulled aside the whole time
to have a talk with President. It was a little awkward for us new
missionaries in the zone. But when I had my interview we had a good
talk.  It was very sacred and touching for me to talk with
President. I always enjoy talking with him. I think I am beginning to
see my progress, though it does take time to do, it will happen.

Scripture is from 3 Nephi 4:33. In this chapter all of the Nephites
were gather together to protect themselves from the Gadianton robbers.
And when the armies of the robbers came into view, all of the Nephites
"fell to the earth, and did left their cries to the Lord their God,
that he would spare them..." and they were "prepared to meet them,
yea, in the strength of the Lord they did receive them." And after
many battles, they were saved and delivered from their enemies. And
they did offer many prayers of thanks and praise to God.

I think many times we face Gadianton robbers, and we are afraid to
face them. But I know that as we pray for help, that God will deliver
us. But we should also offer gratitude to our Lord for his help, for
without Him we are nothing. And he is so merciful towards us, to help
us. And I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father, for hearing my prayers
and helping me to become better and allowing me to see miracles.
With Sister Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment