Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Sunday, March 19, 2017

The Only True Church January 30, 2017



Whew! What a week! I was with the Riverside sisters this week and
being in a Tri-pan is AWESOME! There is never a dull moment! So it was
a little crazy as we had to cover both wards. And we had to move
apartments, and I was by myself at church on Sunday! Well, I was with
a member the whole time. I think I freaked her out by how quick I was
to stay by her side.

We had a lesson with Judy. I shared with her a little bit of the
family proclamation and also read the promise in Moroni. I relayed my
experience of gaining a testimony for myself. It was powerful. She
then asked two questions: "Can anyone receive an answer?" Me: " Well,
let's look at the formula, read, ponder, pray. And you will get an
answer." She got a little defensive then. "Do you think that because
I'm not a Mormon that I'm lost, or not saved?" Oh. I was quick to
respond. "Oh no Judy!! You have such great faith in Jesus Christ! You
aren't lost!" Whew! Avoided that one! She was so happy after that! She
said she will read it! Yay!

We had a lesson with Ty and she is progressing so much! We taught her
the Plan of Salvation and she just soaked it up! She finally got a job and the ward
is just wrapping her up in their arms. It's amazing to see her
progression and to see her coming to Christ.

We had a lesson with Art and just read from the Book of Mormon to
clarify some questions he has. He told us he would come to church, but
he was in such extreme pain that he was unable to come. He has lots of
questions, mainly on how Joseph Smith was able to see God and Jesus
Christ, and on the Godhead.  It has made me have really intense studies to
learn. He is the first investigator that I have given scriptures from
my studies. He told us that he isn't asking questions to prove us
wrong, but is asking because he is seeking for understanding. "But I
always feel good when you come by, and little things are happening in
my life that shows God hands." He is so awesome!

Transfers are today!! I am getting Sister Leavitt! I am so excited!
And it will be awesome to be able to work in Beacon Hill. We are going
to see so many miracles and great things happen! I am excited to work!
Our schedules got changed, so we have a longer Pday and more time to
get ready in the morning.

2 Nephi 31: 10

10 And he said unto the children of men: Follow thou me. Wherefore, my
beloved brethren, can we follow Jesus save we shall be willing to keep
the commandments of the Father?

As we keep the commandments, we are following Jesus Christ, and are
thus coming closer to our Heavenly Father. Sometimes we don't always
understand the commandments, but as we trust in God and rely on His
promises,He will bless us. Then we can see the truth of the
commandment and be able to continue to do his will.

No comments:

Post a Comment