Keilee Alldredge

Keilee Alldredge

Sunday, March 19, 2017

The Priesthood has been restored. February 6, 2017


This week has been AWESOME!! I LOVE SISTER LEAVITT!!! SHE IS SO
COOL!!! Haha. We figured that we knew each other before this life.
#eternalfriends!

We have been so busy this week, it has been crazy! With the
combination of the Elders area book we have like triple the people to
go see. It makes it so that we are just going and going and going
(like the energizer bunny 🐰) ! We've had some awesome lessons and
found 4 new people this week, one of whom is atheist....so it's been
great.

Art is progressing so much! He is so incredible! We had two lessons
with him this week. During the first he was in so much pain, but he so
wanted to meet with us. He described to us how the spirit speaks to
him, and the spirit just filled the room. He told us how he studied
the scriptures I left him, on Joseph Smith seeing God. He read three
scriptures out of the eight, and he's like: "Yup. It's true." Whoa!!
So we opened up the Bible to read to him in Ezekiel about how the Book
of Mormon is true and while we did that he said : "You know, Paul
said he is going to the third heaven." We looked up, shocked. What?
Anyways, we read in Ezekiel 37 about the Book of Orion and after we
read Art said: " The spirit taught me years ago that the tribe of
Joseph was lost. They were led away. And so, this is their record?"
Yup yup! "Wow, I should read it! I am going to read it!"

So the next time we came by, he had read all the way through to 1
Nephi 7, and read in 3 Nephi 11. He was confused about the manner of
baptism, which was perfect because we planned to teach him about the
Apostasy, and the Restoration. "There has to be a church that has the
whole truth, that has everything Christ taught. Do you believe that?"
I asked. "Yes." I pulled out a paper, one that has my dad's priesthood
line of authority. "Art, I was baptized by my dad. And my dad has the
priesthood, and this shows that it links all the way back to Jesus
Christ. I was baptized by the true priesthood authority. " Art took
the document and studied it. "Wow. That's powerful." He sighed. "I
need to study it out." Then Sister Leavitt comes in: "Art, will you
pray and ask God if it is true?" "Well, I don't know." I came in then:
"Art, do you have enough faith to try?" He nodded. So he prayed. He
told Heavenly Father how he knows this is true in his heart, but he
asked that He would help him overcome it in his mind." When he was
done, the spirit was just filling his soul. "I'm almost crying, it
feels so good!" 😊👍👍 Yesterday he got another blessing and he told
us how he felt a warmth and power flow from his head down to where his
pain is. "I have no doubt that they won't find anything tomorrow!" He
has so much faith it is incredible. I am so lucky to teach him. 😊

We also had a lesson with Aredelia, and we did it over Skype. We read
about faith in Alma 32 and then about repentance and baptism in 2
Nephi 31. "Aredelia, what do you need to do to come closer to Christ?"
"I need to be baptized." "Will you be baptized by priesthood
authority?" She was a little worried. She is scared, afraid her faith
won't be strong enough. We encouraged her to keep reading and to come
to church, and to pray about a day to work towards to be baptized. We
saw her last night and she downloaded the gospel library. She is
excited to listen to the scriptures!

Anyways, just so much has happened, it's crazy. The Spirit has just
filled my soul! We are truly doing the work of God. It is incredible.
We have been lead and guided and blessed and kept safe. I have felt of
the Savior by my side this week. He is so aware of my investigators,
His children. He hears and answers prayers. Every. single. day. I am
so blessed to be here and to serve my fellow brothers and sisters. I
am so grateful.

Jacob 5

70 And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard sent his servant;
and the servant went and did as the Lord had commanded him, and
brought other servants; and they were few.

71 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, and labor in
the vineyard, with your might. For behold, this is the last time that
I shall nourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the
season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your might with me ye
shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against
the time which will soon come.

72 And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their
mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they
did obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment